Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Hitchhiker

This morning, in a pre-caffeinated bleary eyed state I was backing into my parking stall at work when suddenly a little field mouse head popped up from under the windshield wiper and stared at me as if to say “WOAH!!! What a rush!!!! Was I caught in a tornado? Where am I? and just who the heck are you????!!!!!” I blinked a couple of times convinced I was dreaming or something, but sure enough, it was scampering along the windshield wipers, whiskers twitching and big ears quite alert!
WOW I thought, it was either raining mice on my way in this morning, or this little gaffer has just traveled 45 km from home to work.


Or perhaps this is a real life adaptation of the Beatrix Potter tale, and young Timmie Willie is off to visit his city cousins?
What ever it was, my furry hitchhiker provided me with a morning jolt even better than caffeine, and I’ll be taking the car into the shop for a thorough going over to make sure any wiring and such is mouse free!
Happy trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment