Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Year Later

Just over a year ago I decided that it was the very best thing for Storm to stay retired with his friends Doug and JoAnn Solberg. People often look at me askance when they hear that I've retired a sleddog to another home. They want to know how I can just give up my dog who has served me and loved me for years, and the only answer I can give them is that it is best for the dog. Currently there are 11 dogs at RiverIce. That means that my attention gets divided by 11.

1/11th of attention, versus lavished with 100% of love and attention, 100% of the time? How hard is it, then, to do that math?

So here we are, a year later. Perhaps this picture will demonstrate exactly why my dear Mr Dog now lives a couple hundred miles to the south.

1 comment: