I disagree.
The first team was just Dancer and Gwen. It was Dancer who started all this madness. Dancer taught me the joy of a working dog, and of working with that dog. And I believe that anyone that came to know my friend Dancer, came to understand that she was much more than just one ordinary dog.
Dancer’s life was cut short when she died of inherited epilepsy after battling seizures for 2 years. At the end of her life, 2.5 months before she died, Dancer met her best friend Storm, my first Siberian Husky. Then, for a short, but very joyful time, that team became 3.
Just days before Dancer passed on, one human, one Alaskan Malamute, and one Siberian Husky were in Stampede Pass, in the the Cascade Mountains, Wa. It was a brilliantly sunny day, snow crisp, white and glittering like a million tiny diamonds. And for a moment, all was perfect as she turned to look at me with that wonderful smile, snow crusted on her muzzle. Then she looked forward, put her head down and shoulder into her harness and we were off.
Dancer taught me much about courage, zest for life, drive and spirit. And those lessons guide the larger team that I am a part of today.
Can, Int. Ch Inharmony’s Dancin Up A Storm, CD, CGC, WTD, WPD
With an inexpressible depth of gratitude, old friend, I thank you.
My ‘Dancin Dog’, your memory lives on in my heart…
Hey girlfriend,
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this! So glad you started a new one. I so enjoyed the last one. You are such a wonderful writer. You know how to get to someone's heart. Until one has experienced the love of an animal, one has not experienced love. I am so glad that I, also have been chosen to be able to know that love. What we share is so unique and beautiful. Looking forward to the next chapter. Love ya...Doreen
What a beautiful post!
ReplyDeleteVanessa
This brought a tear to my eye !
ReplyDeletebrenda