Sunday, October 26, 2008

OH NO!!! Where's CHIP?????

5:00pm Sunday.
8 bowls filled with supper in one hand, and a big jug of warm water in my other hand I headed out to the dog yard this afternoon to feed dogs. It's been a pretty fantabulous day, had a great run in one of my favorite places, got home at 1:30pm, and the dogs have been hanging around snoozing in the sun ever since. As per usual, when the dogs are all free running in the yard they race to the door and mill around me leaping and cavorting in excitement when I head down to the kennel building to feed them.
Procedure? I take the stacked the bowls, top them with water and put them down for the dogs. There is no particular order for this, no pecking order, no seniority. I'm the boss, and you get it when I say you get it.
Rules? No squabbling, no dipping into the others bowls, and you have to 'sit' to get your meal.
Tonight it is Ellie and River first, followed by KitKat, then Jovo, Stryder, Impi, Hilda and...... huh? where is Chip?
Confused I looked into all the kennels, scanned the yard, called "Chip!!" a couple of times, and then my heart went LURCH as I realized there is no Chip in the yard. Still holding the bowl of food and the open jug of water I raced over to the gates: all closed.
Then I checked the people yard, frantically calling "CHIP": No dog.
I know he is NOT in the house, but I checked there anyway: No dog.


And then, just as I hit panic mode, it hit me........
I had help unloading dogs today,
and Chip can be quite spooky.....
'noooooooooooo' I think, followed by
'oh please God let me be right'
and I raced out to the driveway to the truck.......
Chip had been left for me to unload..... SIGH!!!
MY Bad
Thankfully he has a large bladder, as he is much too
polite to go in his box!


1 comment: