Communication that requires no conversation, of this the dog is the master. There are many methods they employ to communicate with us, one just has to pay attention. The wagging tail, the turned up lips, the twitch or position of an ear, the body posture. Even moving speaks volumes; from the wiggle to the prance, from the submissive belly crawl, to the roll over. The paws alone have their own set of expressions. Then there is the lean, the hug, the joyful leap and bounce, the body slam, the wrap around the legs cat-like maneuver, and the head laid on one's knee. There is no lack of verbal communication either, the northern dog has a whole unique repertoire of sounds and songs to express themselves.
But there is nothing so expressive as the eyes to captivate the heart. These northern souls, they give all, and they give it unconditionally. And if you take a moment to really gaze into their eyes, whether they be brown, blue or both, time will stand still, as they give a peace and a love that no human is capable of. Is there a reason that Dog, spells God backwards?
I have looked in your eyes with my eyes,
I have put my heart near your heart
Pope John XXIII (1881 - 1963)
I have looked in your eyes with my eyes, I have put my heart near your heart
Pope John XXIII (1881 - 1963)
No comments:
Post a Comment