Monday, August 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Miss Ellie


Queen of the little dog dug hollows, her dark eyes track my movements constantly when I am out in the dog yard, as often she waits for the pushier and younger dogs to get their share of attention before she comes in for hers. Those eyes tho', they lock onto me and follow my every move, and when I look back at her, she smiles and wags her tail. Even when I am in the house, but close to the big window that looks out into the dog yard she searches for me.
She continues to surprise me. If I recall last year this time I said although she was a good sleddog, she didn't really prefer to be up front. I think she musta read that comment because over last season she really stepped up and became a reliable and enthusiastic leader for me, and for Erin and Anthony. In fact she impressed me so much that I've decided that it's finally time for her to go and spend some time with a rather special older gentleman Iditarod veteran and if Nature cooperates hopefully later this fall there will be some young Ellies to keep us on our toes.

Happy Birthday my little black beauty, you have a very special place in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET GIRL ELLIE! You sound so much like my sweet Mandy who lived with you and loved your mother and watched over her as your now doing. Mandy will be pleased to know that your there watching over her Mom and taking good care of her.

    The Retirees and their Mom

    ReplyDelete