First we predrill the holes. Then we glue, and stand up the sides, and tuck everything in nice and tight with two rows of screws. Michael anticipates 100 pounds in screws alone will go into this beast. Then the wood filler on top of every screw, for what eventually will be a nice flat finish.
Lots of measuring goes into this thing. Every step is measured and measured again to make sure there are no mistakes. 

There is lots of discussion going into every step. I've some pretty firm ideas in my head about what I want, and Michael is very good about listening to those ideas, sometimes agreeing, sometimes suggesting something more doable. In true Canadian fashion there is lots of compromise, but I feel that the design aspect of this box is still mine, which pleases me immensely.
At the end of this day, the sides are on, but good grief this thing is HUGE!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment