Dog of the week, KitKat, aka Kitty Kat Brat, aka Miss Kitty
I thought I'd take a moment to say how much I appreciate KitKat. KitKat came to me as an 2 year old. I am her third home, and in the 6 years she has lived with me, she has gained my respect and my admiration. KitKat rules the roost here, she is supreme canine yard boss, (note I am supreme ruler!) although she is kind enough on Jovo's ego to let him think he is boss! Since KitKat came here she has raised Impi, Ellie and River as pups that came along, and her own litter that is now a year old. I call her the mother of all mothers, as it doesn't seem to matter who the pup originated with, she takes it under her protection and guidance. Tonight I was reminded of this while out in the dog yard, letting young 4.5 month old Skala have some time running around with the adults. The big boys, which now include Pete, tend to get a little assertive with Skala, and they roll him. He is a good boy, he knows when to submit, but the big boys can get a little rough as they jostle him around. It never fails to amaze me but KitKat watches every move and from anywhere in the yard will barge in and defend Skala, if the boys get too rough. She even pushes aside her own son, and will stand over the cowering puppy and snap and bark at any of the dogs that get too close. After she says her piece she also tells off Skala, but gently, and then resumes her watchful post. If they come in again at him she repeats the behavior.
My dogs get to free run in the exercise yard when I am at home, together. It can get quite boisterous out there at times, but it is KitKat that I listen for, as she tells me what is going on, and maintains order for me.

This is one of my favorite photos. Here is Erin and KitKat both waiting for my instructions. This was taken at the commercial we shot last spring.
clicking on the photos will enlarge
Way to go KitKat. Control the yard just like our Queen Natasha the Evil does.
ReplyDeletelol i did not know you had this picture on here!!
ReplyDelete