Dogs don't live here anymore.
I built this kennel building, and the dogs have spent a lot of joyous hours here. It certainly kept them snug and dry on this wet coast.
Hard to believe that one can pack up their life into a 12X6 uhaul, but with the help of Wamblee today we proved it could be done. Thanks too to Bob for taking care of shipping my entire kennel, as well as the fencing wire, my atv etc.
Tomorrow my favorite little blond side-kick and I hit the road bright and early. Dogs are on board already, and a little surprised to find they have hay in their boxes when it is only early October.
Erin will travel as far as Prince George with me, and with the bum ankle, her help will be much appreciated.
This is where it gets hard, the good-byes, which come in many shapes and forms. Silver Valley has been good to me, and I will miss my gentle giants, those tall cedars that I feel connected to deep inside my spirit.
I have many friends here, and close by in the USA, which I will also miss greatly, as you all have become quite ingrained in the fabric that is Gwen. But that's the great thing about friends, a little (ok, a lot of) distance only makes the heart grow fonder.
Now turn the page.... a new chapter begins...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment