10 Days ago I took a very quick drive down the highway thru some rather spectacular scenery to the High Desert of Central Oregon.
There, we stopped by an Oasis called the Millican Road Dog Ranch (MRDR) and when I left, my dog truck was empty.
Queue music...Home, home at the Ranch
Where the Sibes and the odd Labrador play
Where seldom is heard,
a discouraging word,
And the skies are not cloudy all day!
Karen is graciously housing most of the dogs this summer for me.
KitKat is in her glory, as this
pen full of KitKat kids, grand kids and great-grand kids show the influence she has had here!
This morning I ventured out to the dog yard for the first time in a week. Ok, that meant a wee blubber-fest.
I'm keeping the blind closed on the window
that overlooks the yard... simply... I just don't want to look at it.
So why the sudden quiet here in Maple Ridge?
A week ago I had a little but significant knee surgery, which renders me useless for caring for dogs for a few weeks.
I do miss my kids. Karen's last report said she had not put them on tethers yet because they were all getting along so well. That they were all sweethearts and there was not an "offish one in the bunch". Jovo seems to be delighted to be with his former love Mandy again, and young Raven has a new best buddy that she keeps on his toes.


Good luck with the quiet - that would be very hard for me.
ReplyDeleteHow´s your knee doing now, Gwen?
ReplyDelete