Monday, December 15, 2008

The Adventures of Pete

This morning I woke up to a peculiar thud, glanced at the clock, (4:22am) and bolted from bed. You see I had set my clock last night for my normal weekday wake up time 3:45am.... or so I thought. My AM was set for PM and I slept in. ACK

As I was running around flipping on lights I heard something and looked into the dining room to see a little black and white body trundling along on the hardwood floor. This explained the peculiar thud, Pete had gotten himself out of the pool and was taking himself for a little early morning stroll.
Already in a bit of a panic I thought fast, dug up an old bamboo mat, rooted around in the shed where I store old crates, and found a floor grate section, removed the pool, laid the mat on the floor with blankets on top, pulled around the X-pen to anchor it down and used zap straps (or cable ties) to secure the grate as a gate for KitKat to get over and to contain the puppies.

Thankfully when I arrived home from work tonight the new digs have held (FOR NOW) and 4 little babies came racing over to greet me on THEIR side of the gate.

Pete is an interesting pup. After a very rough start, which we didn't expect him to survive he quickly showed he is a puppy of "firsts" He is strong, independent, rather fearless and loves to snuggle, and tonight when I climbed into the new digs, the puppy pen, he immediately started to engage me in play.

1 comment: