
up an electrical marvel, to accommodate lights,
the water heater and all sort of other things.
Eventually some of these will also be controlled from inside the bat-mobile, but that is probably a
project for next summer as I am fast running out of time to get this beast on the road for serious dog travel. The Bat Cave will be bat-tery powered, so 2 marine batteries will be at the back of the box. All the wiring is protected by conduit.
Notice the funny looking circles at the top?
One of the things that most gives me angst when traveling with dogs outside of the winter season is the heat. I worry and sweat whenever we are traveling and the temps start to climb and I'm either stuck in a parking lot on the freeway, or waiting at the border. Sometimes my border waits are well over an hour, and by the time I'm across I'm a wreak. So I decided I wanted good ventilation, but also wanted fans, that could be turned on from inside the truck. I know this can be done in Campers, so I asked Michael to look into doing this for the box as well. In the end I will also have a thermostat in the dog box that is readable inside the truck so that I can tell when things are getting hot back there, thus knowing when to flick that switch.
Michael has found and installed two dandy fans to circulate the air to deal with this issue.

The truck also now has a 10 gallon water tank
which will have a spicket and fill spout on the outside. The nice thing is that this water tank will be heated..... how cool is that?!!!!And speaking of cool, there is also a thermo-electric cooler to
be installed. This will come in and out of the truck, but will be hooked up to the box battery system, keeping all that yummy raw dog food well frozen!
be installed. This will come in and out of the truck, but will be hooked up to the box battery system, keeping all that yummy raw dog food well frozen!Look carefully and you can even see a plug in for me to plug in for coffee if I want!!!!
Mmmmmm coffee... I'm thinking that shelf that the water tank sits on would be the perfect spot to hold a kettle and a french press....
No comments:
Post a Comment