Friday, October 2, 2009

The M*A*S*H* Unit

Oh no, I'm not nearly that clever, I have blatantly stolen the acronym from Karen Ramstead of North Wapiti Siberian Huskies! http://www.northwapiti.com/
Karen has a very nice little kennel right off her laundry room, with a dog door built right in. She calls it her "Mothers and Sick Huskies" kennel.
Last season I took to carting around KitKat and her puppies. That was always a challenge, as one box was not quite big enough for them all, but two boxes meant separating the group.
When I designed this box, I wanted to address the need for a larger box sometimes, if one had a sick or injured dog, or if carrying Mom and pups around.
My thought was to have one box that could double as two in a heart beat, with no need for a drill to remove screws or any fancy tools to accommodate this.
Many thanks to Doreen, who translated Gwen Speak into Michael Speak, and in the end we have one box with a sidewall that is on a hinge with latches at the top. With two slides of latches the wall can fold down flat, thus turning two separate boxes into one large box!




















Thus the M*A*S*H* unit was born!







No comments:

Post a Comment