Saturday, October 3, 2009

Ready..... Aim...... FIRE!!!!!!!


The bat cave will be well ventilated. Because I travel so much with the dogs, it is a constant worry for me if they will cooked in the box if I get delayed at the border crossing and such. This box will eventually have a fan system built into it that I can turn on from inside the truck to circulate the air. So each box will have cross ventilation going in both directions, front and back, and in the side walls.

You will have gathered by now that there is a large center storage area running the length the box. This will have a number of applications, primarily it will house my sled, but I have had it specifically built so that if necessary, I can sleep in there.
When I first saw this I asked Michael why he had cut rectangular holes in the backs of all the boxes instead of the round small ventilation holes. Michael in his wisdom and experience explained that the dogs like to kick their shavings around and it comes through the back of the wall and into the center storage area. He decided to put little grates over the back cut outs, so that the shavings would be contained.
I saw the little rectangles and immediately thought "Gun Turrets!" taking me back to my school days when a well concealed straw could fire off a pretty nifty spit ball. Now those dogs get straw in their boxes in the colder temperatures. Can anyone else see where this could go?
Ready.... Aim.... FIRE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment