
Why the "Bat Cave" you ask?
Well, that is kind of an appropriate joke at myself. Any of you that know me well tend to accuse me of driving like "a bat out of H-E- double hockey sticks" (Hey, this is a family oriented blog!!!) On Sept 12 when I arrived at Michael's ready to go to work on the box I noticed that he had written "BAT BAT" on the floor of the battery box. It didn't take my imagination a moment to add the Cave and the Mobile because, well, you do know how I drive!!!! (double click on the picture to see)
For the next few entries you will have a photo essay on the progression of the bat cave.
When I arrived on Sat Sept 12th, Michael had taken it to the framing of the lower boxes stage.
We worked like gang busters and in 24 hours had managed to get most of the boxes completely framed in. We certainly had a lot of chuckles at the little mistakes we both made, and together made a very productive team. Note to self, when reading the tape measure, read it the right side up when needing to read a 9 or a 6, or the necessary cuts might be 3 inches short!!!! LOL
Take the carpenters pencil out of the back pocket when using the facilities, or one is apt to stab themselves in the butt with it!
Here is the box on the 13th when we ran out of wood and it was time for me to leave. After I left Michael put primer on the inside.
Stay tuned!


No comments:
Post a Comment